CHEST 2024 Call for Topics
Submission deadline: November 30, 2023, at 2 PM CT
Tell us what you want to learn at CHEST 2024, October 6 – 9 in Boston. Help shape the curriculum by submitting topic ideas from areas you’re passionate about, topics affecting your practice, or new technologies you’d like to learn more about, so CHEST 2024 will be a clinically relevant learning experience for you.
Submit a topic to:
- Collaborate with other experts in the field.
- Receive recognition and feedback from the CHEST community.
- Expand your professional portfolio.
- Be part of a dynamic learning tradition that has made the CHEST Annual Meeting a “must-attend” event since 1935.
Thursday, November 30, 2023, at 2 PM CT
CHEST 2024 will advance diversity, equity, and inclusion
We celebrate the diversity of our members and the patients we treat and strive for inclusive representation and equitable outcomes. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are part of our core values and are integral to CHEST 2024. To ensure that sessions reflect a diversity of experience, as well as thought, we will prioritize outstanding submissions with proposed speakers who represent a diversity of lived experience (race, age, ability, ethnicity, professional status, gender identity, and geography) from multiple institutions. Furthermore, submissions where speakers do not represent a diverse range of identities and/or are from the same institution will not be considered.
Submissions must include your topic idea and title, proposed speakers, and session format. To submit an outstanding proposal:
- Choose a session title that is both descriptive and straightforward.
- Describe your session in detail, taking into consideration descriptions will be used in promotional materials and the final program. Write an engaging description for your audience.
- Inform your designated Chair that they must present, not just introduce others on the panel. (As submitter, you do not have to be one of the speakers.) Ensure all speakers are aware of your submission, and remind them submission is not a guarantee of acceptance.
- Select a session format that best suits your topic proposal. See descriptions of session formats below.
- Review examples of well written submissions from previous years:
Core Interactive Session
Propose a lecture-based format to encourage open dialogue between presenters and learners. Opportunities for questions and discussion are key to making interactive sessions relevant to attendees.
Have an idea for leading authorities to examine a topic that’s timely and relevant to chest medicine? Panel discussions are a perfect format for experts to share their clinical experiences.
GAMES - Games Augmenting Medical Education
Submit a proposal that uses gamification to convey key educational topics. Chairs and faculty for selected sessions will work with educational design staff throughout the summer prior to the meeting to create game content using selected templates.
Inspire your peers to consider different points of view by proposing a pro-con debate. Submit a controversial topic that matters to you for the chance to see your proposed faculty discuss it in a healthy debate.
Innovative Session Format
Do you have a great idea that doesn’t fit any of these session types? We want to hear it! Share your vision with us, and we’ll try to make it happen.
Submit a half-day or full-day course to take place as a pre-conference course. Master Class courses should be submitted as a course meant for experienced clinicians who need higher-level learning.
Key dates and timing
November 30, 2023: Submission deadline
January 2024: Peer review and grading by panel of experts
February 2024: Executive Program Committee makes selections
March/April 2024: Submitters notified of Program Committee decisions
October 6-9, 2024: Join us for CHEST 2024 in Boston
Thursday, November 30, 2023, 2 PM CT